In late August 1978 Imam Musa al-Sadr arrived in Libya for talks with government officials. Sadr, a charismatic Shi'a Imam who had rose to prominence in southern Lebanon in 1960's, was in Libya to possible means of bringing peace to Lebanon. While away in Libya, Musa al-Sadr dissapeared and has not been seen since. In this episode, Danny discusses the circumstances surrounding Sadr's disappearance and Musa al-Sadr's legacy in Lebanon today.
- Ajami, Foud. The Vanished Imam: Musa al-Sadr and the Shi'a of Lebanon
- Halawi, Majed. A Lebanon Defied: Musa al-Sadr and the Shi'a Community
- Cooper, Anderson Scott. The Fall of Heaven: The Pahlavis and the final days of Imperial Iran
- Shanahan, Rodger. The Shi'a of Lebanon: Clans, Parties and Clerics
- Norton, Augustus Richard. Amal and the Shi'a: Struggle for the soul of Lebanon