In recent months Iraq has witnessed a series of protests challenging government corruption while the Iraqi army and Iran backed Shi'a militias were waging war on the Islamic State. In this week's episode, Mike and Danny discuss the state of affairs in Iraq and prospects for the country's future.
- Lawrence, John. "Tracking Iraq's Political Crisis," Institute for the Study of War
- al-Ali, Ziad. "The Only Way to Solve Iraq's Political Crisis," The New York Times
- Maher, Ahmed. "Iraq's Moqtada Sadr returns to spotlight in political crisis," BBC
- Alan Taylor. "The Battle for Fallujah, Iraq," The Atlantic
- al-Tamimi, Ayman Jawwad; Spyer, Jonathon. "Iraq's Shi'a Militias and Iran," The Tower