At the beginning of the first world war, the Ottoman Empire controlled much of the modern Middle East only to see their vast empire dismantled at the close of war. In this week's episode Mike and Danny discuss the negotiations, treaties, and promises that created the Modern Middle East.
- Goldschmidt, Arthur; Davidson, Lawrence. A Concise History of the Middle East 8th edition
- Fromkin, David. A Peace to End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East
- McCarthy, Justin. The Ottoman Peoples and the End of Empire
- Rogan, Eugene. The Fall of the Ottomans
- Quataert, Donald. The Ottoman Empire, 1700-1922